Well I had the privilege to climb Mount Doom and the stair case at Minas Morgul this past few days... But for real our first outdoor excursion as a Kaleo Team was Strathcona Park in the dead center of Vancouver Island and the words that are ringing in my ears are, "Look God made a staircase!" These words ring so clear for me because that is simply how I have to describe the trip - God. There is no word that is worthy to describe some of the scenery that I have seen over the past few days. It truly makes me feel blessed to have had the experience. It's a miracle to think that amongst all of the beautiful creations
So between backpacking 34km, paying fees, learning to run the challenge course, and orientation, week number one has definitely set the bar high for what is to come. Which brings me to what's next, this week/weekend we have Trinity Western Bible College coming to do some activities which means lots of opportunities to serve them. It will be Jess, Matthew and my first Friday at Youth Group at our new church, St. Andrew's Presbyterian. Also we have our first course starting up next week -- Spiritual Formation. It's supposed to be a really sweet course, our professor is Marv Penner and we all need to have our text book read before Sunday night as our pre-course assignment. If there's any prayer requests that I'd have it would be that I am able to read and absorb all that is in that book - The Life You've Always Wanted by John Ortberg.
This is another big highlight, everyone here is so willing and eager to learn which is so awesome and leads to a lot of great conversations. I am really loving all of my new Kaleo family and they are a very funny, enthusiastic, excitable, and honorable group of people which I am looking forward to learning more about them.
For now I will say farewell but this is just the beginning, like the title says, Strathcona Park and BEYOND!!
In Christ
Nick VanSnick
Nice post, Nick. This blog is a great idea. It'll help you stop and think about what you're learning (so often we let life rush by unnoticed), it'll help others share that experience, and it'll be a great reminder for you years from now... you're own Ebenezer (1 Samuel 7:12).
ReplyDelete"Be the change you want to see in the world"
Phil