Like the title of this blog I really just would like to sit and chat a little bit about what's going on and my night at Youth as well as some things I'm looking forward to.
First things first, Youth Group last night was awesome. There were about 15-18 teens out which was sweet because I was able to have conversations with most of them to get to know them. However not all of the group was there as some of them were hiking the West Coast Trail and still others were in Mexico on a mission trip. If you would pray for their safety in travel that would be sweet because I want to meet each and everyone of them. I'm really excited to see that there are a wide variety of backgrounds in the teens. One of the guys, Chad, goes to a private school as does Victor who came late because he only got out of school at 6pm. There is also a few that go to public school, like Kineel who only has about 30 people in her grade. I'm really hoping that I will connect well with them and be able to support them because they really are a sweet bunch of people.
I also want to offer a prayer request to the table. We have our first course coming up this week, Spiritual Formation with Marv Penner. So many people keep commenting on how awesome this guy is and I am really, wait let me rephrase that, REALLY looking forward to having him as a Prof. over the next week. I'd ask that you pray that God would use him to speak truth into our lives and that I would have a willing and open spirit to receive that words that he brings.
Which brings me to today. I slept through my alarm this morning by accident XP Luckily(or Spirit lead) I woke up two minutes before I had to start my morning work - 6:58. We started bright and early because I was on maintenance for the day which means I had to help make sure that the camp looked beautiful for the group that is here, Trinity Western University. We cleaned bathrooms took out the garbage and even moved tables. Then after lunch I was going to take a quick nap but they needed some extra hands in the kitchen washing dishes(slang term: dish pit) so I spent till about 4:25 doing dishes and other misc. jobs in the dining hall. This didn't help me any because I was up late last night for Jenna's birthday which was today but we dragged her out of bed at midnight when she actually turned 18 to have cake and party a bit. So by 4:30 I am really tired and really couldn't find a lot of motivation to do a whole lot. However things got much better after dinner and that is when I learned that a good hard days work, even if you're tired the whole day, is well ended when you can throw on your pyjama pants, slip on the slippers, grab a cup of chai tea, and snuggle up in a comfy chair for an evening of reading. Hmmmmmm, such good times. Well I want to get a bit of sleep myself so I'm going to sign off for tonight, keep the comments coming I love to hear from you guys.
Enjoying life and tea,
Nick VanSnick
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
didn't you JUST come from summer camp all summer Nick? You should be used to all this hard work my dear :)
ReplyDeletexo
Lauren