If there was any week that we have had that had a specific mission I would say that this week was that week. The focus for our mission this week - Prayer. We had a 24/7 prayer week. We set aside a room in our lodge and at all hours this week there was someone from the Kaleo team praying.
As for the prayer that took place, I can say that there was quite a range of things. From all the notes to God or each other that were posted around the room there were hurts healed, encouragements shared, and praises poured out to God. I can't tell you what it was like to be in that room. The presence of God had a thickness about it there. It's kind of like when you walk into a fog, you can feel it. It was in here that my heart continually broke for the lost of this world. It began with a simple statement of, "Lord, please undo the works of the enemy in Duncan" then turned into full out tears for those that I know who do not have a hope in Jesus Christ. I'm not exactly sure to the full extent of what is going to take place because of this week but I do know one thing, prayer is powerful. So I would ask that you continue to pray for the homeless community in Duncan, partner with me in asking God to heal the brokenness there. If you feel uncertain on what to pray for, I'll keep you updated but check out my last post and keep at least Darrell in your prayers.
With prayer being our focus this week we also had a lot of 'free time'. However this time was spent mostly writing and researching for our Old Testament paper that was due on Friday. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this paper, however it did take me a little longer to do the research than I would have liked. My thesis this time was solid too which was really sweet. The only problem with taking so much time with my OT Paper was that I didn't quite get enough time for my Church Ministry pre-course work. The crunch hurt a little bit but I'm not too worried, I'm learning a great deal from the books I'm learning.
I'm super pumped for the Church Ministry course, we had our first class today and I must say it is quite amazing. So in light of my experience with both prayer and school work this week, I want to ask two questions of you. What has your experience with prayer been like? and What have you been learning this week?
Can't wait to hear from all of you, I love you guys lots,
Nick VanSnick
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Nick,
ReplyDeleteSo writing this comment to you is the absolute last excuse I have for not working on my ecology paper :P
I enjoyed the movie you guys did- Ragnar showed a similar one at navs last week, but it was about "is there such a thing as absolute truth." So what would you say perseverance is?
Prayer is powerful- funny timing for you to put up this post. Just a few days ago Janet and I were at our Grandparents for supper, and we had a long conversation about prayer. My grandmother was telling us a stories of physical healings that occurred in her church years ago and how the power of prayer changes lives. This same Grandmother prays for her family every day... the other week my aunt got in a car accident, came out with only a bruise and her first words to my grandmother were "Jesus saved us!" Praise God!
haha- you should come to TMP prayer meetings! It is truly awesome- can't really think of any other way to describe it!
The church ministry course does sound interesting- are a lot of people at Kaleo considering going into ministry? What kind of things are you covering in the course? Have you had any more thoughts about what you would like to do after Kaleo?
Have a wonderful week-can't wait to see you at Christmas :)
I got a few emails this first one is from Mom:
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are experiencing the power of prayer. You were healed through prayer when you were seven, before I even understood what it meant to pray for someone. Because of one person who prayed with me, many prayed for you. God is amazing, his love is more than we could ever ask for. As Yvette said, may continued prayer bring all of Kaleo 7 closer to God.
Love you
Mom
The second is from Yvette:
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord, I pray that prayer will continue to be an avenue for Nick and his classmates, to draw near to God. They already know it ushers in the Presence of the Lord, may they continue to seek after all of Him..
Amen,
Yvette
Well I guess I'll respond to Becca first, and last because she's the only one who has asked a question. :P
ReplyDeletePerseverance...Well my view on it is definitely shown through the video. To persevere is to never give up, to hold firm on truth no matter what comes your way. The main thing about perseverance in Christians is that we have a purpose greater than ourselves to persevere for.
As for your question on ministry, I think that you are asking about vocational ministry, to that I am not sure. However as Christians we are all called to take part in ministry. This course is discussing some major questions about how the church as people are to function. The five main questions we are asking are, What is the Church, What is the purpose of the Church, Who leads the Church, What is my contribution to the Church, and What if there are problems in my Church? To say that ministry is for those that we pay to do it would defeat the purpose of Jesus instating a church in the first place. We are all called to ministry and that is what we are discussing.
As for after Kaleo, I think that I will leave that for a separate blog post as this comment is quite long already. I have given it a lot of thought and do need prayer in this area, as for specifics please wait a little longer.
2 weeks till I come home :) :(
Nick
bahaha- I learned from the best <3
ReplyDelete